Saturday, July 27, 2013

Chicken Fajitas & Ranch Chicken


I've been very persistent with cooking every night for the past 2 going on 3 weeks now. I had to get us back on our budget after our move. We got so out of sorts from the move we just keep "picking up" food. Well that can get costly for a family of 4. Here are 2 of our recent recipes my family LOVES! I don't have to stress about dinner tonight either because I've been prepping and I have a Lasagna in the Freezer we shall fest on :) Happy Saturday everyone!
 
<3 Sondra
 
Chicken Fajitas
*You can prep this and freeze ahead of time in bulk*

3 Chicken Breasts, sliced into fajita strips , 1-2 Tbsp Fajita Seasoning, from a packet or a jar, 1 medium onion sliced, 1 medium pepper sliced, 1 Can Rotel tomatoes & green chiles. Label and freeze.


TO COOK- thaw and dump into the crockpot – cover and cook 4-5 hours on low
 
*Add whatever you like to your fajitas to make them super yummy! We do a dab of sour cream and a little shredded cheese :)

 

Ranch Chicken
 
*You can prep this and freeze ahead of time in bulk*

4 Whole Chicken Breasts, 1 Packet Ranch Dressing Mix (The dry kind)

  • Dust the chicken with the ranch dressing – try to get the whole packet to stick. It worked a bit better if I didn’t try to do it in the bag before I froze it, so I did it on a plate and put whatever didnt stick in the bag. Label and freeze.

TO COOK- Thaw and place in your slow cooker with about 1 C of Water or Chicken broth for 3-4 hours on High, or 4-5 Hours on Low. Serve whole or chop up for tacos or sandwiches.
 
*These recipes yield 4 servings. It really yielded 5 because we usually feed out babysitter too. So we didn't have leftovers which I'm ok with because it motivates me to cook more :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment